Scott R. Pool Member
- 1993, Missouri and U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of MO
Bar and Court Admissions:
- The Missouri Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- University of Arkansas, J.D.
Memberships and Associations:
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Cole County Bar Association
- Special Assistant Attorney General
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Trial and Appellate Practice
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Business Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Disputes
- Construction Litigation and Workers’ Compensation
Scott has a diverse, complex litigation practice, ranging from defending wrongful death and serious personal injury claims to insurance coverage and commercial disputes. He has been successfully litigating cases throughout all of Missouri for almost twenty-five years, in both state and federal courts. Scott also represents clients in appellate and administrative matters and serves as a Special Assistant Attorney General. When a dispute arises, he works closely with his clients to determine whether an early resolution or aggressive litigation will best serve their overall objectives.
Scott is rated “AV” (the highest rating possible) by Martindale-Hubbell®, in the categories of Litigation, Medical Malpractice, Professional Liability, Legal Ability, and Ethical Standards.
Professional and community involvement is important to Scott; he has served on numerous local charitable boards. He is a past President of the Cole County Bar Association. Before entering private practice Scott was an Assistant Attorney General from 1993-1999 where he prosecuted criminal, civil and administrative cases. He is a past law clerk to the late Missouri Supreme Court Chief Justice Charles Blackmar.
A native of Jefferson City, Scott is a third generation Cole County attorney. He learned the special importance of the attorney-client relationship from his grandfather Henry Andrae and father Kelly Pool.
Scott is a graduate of Missouri State University and the University Of Arkansas School Of Law where he was on the dean’s list and received the BNA Academic Achievement Award. While in college, Scott played Division I football for the Missouri State Bears on a full varsity athletic scholarship.
Scott and his wife Libby live in Jefferson City and have two children.
Fun Fact: Scott was elected Lieutenant Governor at American Legion Missouri Boys’ State, where he later served as a counselor and as a member of the Board of Directors.